Friday, March 23, 2018

Group Meeting

Hey guys! Short post.
     
        Just over a week ago, our Media Studies class was placed in groups, with each member of the group explaining their project to the others. The point of this was to have each member have members from other groups give advice in order to help each person improve and innovate their project in certain areas. No team members were placed in the same group. This meant that Hayden and I weren't placed in the same group.

        In my group, there were four people, including myself. One of the four people is completing a two-page magazine spread, and the rest of us are working on film openings. I was the last person who explained my project, which meant that I was the last person to take advice. Before I explained my project, I realized that Hayden and I had a film that were much different from others, as the other two film projects had much different genres from ours. After I explained our film story line, the other group members gave their analysis on the film itself. The overall group agreed with the simplicity of the film, but also believed that it may be an issue. They thought that it may be too basic, and that something could be added to spice up the plot a little bit.

         I thought about what my group members said, and although I decided that the point of Hayden and I choosing this film was to keep things simplistic and understandable plot, therefore not going with the idea, I understood the ideas of their statements and where they were coming from. Our production techniques must be effective in order to illustrate the plot effectively in the way we've planned it.

        The group also suggested adding some diegetic sounds from the protagonist's side, meaning that the character should probably be heard speaking or committing actions, such as the actions leading up to his injury on the track. I thought this idea was great, and Hayden got this idea from his group too, so we were on the same page. We believe it;s essential to incorporate proper sound techniques in order to help illustrate the plot ideas better.

        Overall, the group meeting was a success. It was an opportunity for Hayden and I to get an idea of how others are feeling about our plot, and that's exactly what we did. We'll be incorporating these ideas into the film production once we start with that.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment